With our quest of eating healthier, Curt received some grass-fed beef from his sister and Mom for his birthday (food always makes a great b-day gift!). This beef is from Show Me Farms in Missouri and we love it (I especially like the Filet Mignon!). Grass-fed beef right off the farm is a lot healthier than regular beef from the grocery store. Grass-fed beef contains:
1. More Omega 3s which are good for your heart and brain, among other organs, and fight inflammation all over your body. Omega 3s can also raise your GOOD cholesterol. Omega 3s can help reduce blood pressure and lessen risk for heart attack.
2. Less total and saturated fat, which can decrease your bad cholesterol and further decrease heart attack risk.
3. Fewer calories – so it’s great for watching your waistline.
4. More Vitamin E – a potent antioxidant that helps reduce the chance of cancer and heart attack. Apparently, most Americans are deficient in Vitamin E.
5. Lots of flavor! Grass-fed beef fresh from the farm tastes great! It seems to have a richer flavor to me than steak purchased from the grocery store.
Also, this particular beef has no hormones or antibiotics added to it, so you don’t need to worry about what harm these chemicals are doing to you.